Search This Blog

Monday 1 October 2012

An amazing come back. Europe win the 2012 Ryder Cup

Last weekend marked the 2012 Ryder Cup from the Medinah Country Club near Chicago.

At the end of Saturday's play Europe trailed 10-6, on Sunday twelve points were up for grabs, the Americans required 4 1/2 points to win back the Ryder Cup. Over the first two days the Americans built a massive lead, overpowering the Europeans in both the foresomes and four balls.

I don't know what was said in the team room on Saturday night and Sunday morning but the Europeans came out motivated and playing superb golf. 

Unfortunately I didn't have Sky Sports so wasn't able to watch the final day's play on the television, instead I spent Sunday evening listening to the coverage on Radio 5. What can I say, it was superb, the atmosphere was amazing and you could feel the excitement building through the evening's coverage. Belief built and Europe pulled off an amazing and unlikely win to retain the Ryder Cup. I just wish I had a bet on this because I reckon you could have got long odds on a European Win on Sunday morning.



I must say this was an amazing end to an awesome summer of sport, from the Olympics to the Paralympics and finally to the Ryder Cup. Sport and sporting endeavour at its best!




No comments:

Post a Comment